If your interested in advancing in your career, below are business’s and organizations looking for help.
Cox Media Group
The Engineering Manager is responsible for executing all broadcast related engineering functions for four (4) radio stations in Houston, Texas. Duties include, but are not limited to, all Radio Frequency (RF) operations, broadcast and digital distribution systems, studio equipment, tower site operations, and security systems. Planning, executing, and timely completion of all projects and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all FCC, FAA, FEMA, and Company rules, regulations, and guidelines. Maintain, maximize, and service the station’s transmitter, studio, and station facilities. Assist management in the long-range planning for replacing station equipment and systems. The Engineering Manager is responsible for improving operational capabilities and supporting all revenue and audience producing efforts. Must work closely with other departments in the maintenance and operation of their equipment. Additional duties as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Must be able to deal confidentially with sensitive information.
- Exudes superior customer service, fosters teamwork, and leads by example.
- Significant technical expertise in the planning, implementation, and maintenance of radio station facilities, including RF and IP systems.
- Understand the operation of all station equipment, including use of all related test equipment.
- Varied and extended hours may include some weekends, holidays, on-call, and required travel when emergencies or failure of critical equipment occurs to the operation of the station.
- Installs, maintains, and supports transmitters and transmission systems, transceivers, satellite receivers, and broadcast automation equipment for optimum performance.
- Document equipment installation, wiring, maintenance, repair, and replacement.
- Maintain an up-to-date spare parts inventory.
- Ensure that all projects are properly implemented and executed per agreed-upon schedule.
- Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems at studio, transmitter, and translator locations.
- Ensure operation and maintenance of company vehicles. This must be done with the safety of the operator, other personnel, and the public in mind, according to the guidelines of the station and Cox Media Group.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Requires a minimum 5 years of related experience in radio station studio and transmission systems engineering and/or college degree in Electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience. An SBE Certification is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of all broadcast systems throughout the audio chain.
- Possess a deep understanding of compliance regulations required by the FCC, OSHA, FEMA, and FAA as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Extensive audio engineering knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art broadcast audio processor equipment, automation systems, and studio design.
- Strong working knowledge of high-powered multi-station FM transmission systems. Extensive HD radio knowledge and experience.
- This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications, personable and timely interaction and response with fellow employees, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Heavy computer usage, including repetitive hand use and movement, is required. Some lifting is required. Some climbing and crawling may be required. Must be able to climb ladders, work in small places, and lift 50 pounds.
- Work performed primarily in Engineering Shop, in studios and transmitter facilities, both inside and outside, and in an office environment.
- Must possess or obtain a valid State of Texas driver’s license with a good driving record.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU: WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT CMG
CMG is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people – and you could be one of them! We are a start-up built on a 100-year history of blazing trails in the world of media. Over that time, our skilled journalists and storytellers have covered war and peace, tragedies and celebrations, small moments, and global movements. We are relying on our longstanding experience and entrepreneurial mentality to build a media company that is modern, agile, and uniquely positioned for the future.
CMG provides valuable local and national journalism and entertainment content to the people and communities it serves. The company’s businesses include 14 high-quality, market-leading television brands in 9 markets; 54 top-performing radio stations delivering multiple genres of content in 11 markets; a Washington, DC news bureau; and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG’s TV portfolio includes multiple primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, Telemundo and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations.
We offer rewarding and challenging careers that encourage growth and development. We take care of our people with industry-leading total rewards offerings that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and accident insurance as well as, a best-in-class wellness program, 401(k) matching and time-off programs.
We promote the safety and well-being of our employees by requiring that all newly hired CMG employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
If this description fits and CMG sounds like a company you want to work for, we’d love to have you join us. Apply today!
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.